Benefits of L-Carnitine/Folic Acid/Zinc/Vitamin B6,B12 from the Recovery Shot :
- contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- contributes to normal psychological function
- contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Folic acid (Folate)
- contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- contributes to normal amino acid synthesis
- contributes to normal blood formation
- contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- contributes to normal acid base metabolism
- contributes to normal carbohydrate metabolism
- contributes to normal DNA synthesis
- contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- contributes to normal metabolism of fatty acids
- contributes to normal metabolism of vitamin A
- contributes to normal protein synthesis
- contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- contributes to the maintenance of normal hair
- contributes to the maintenance of normal nails
- contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- contributes to the maintenance of normal testosteron levels in the blood
- contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
Two Key Benefits of L-Carnitine: Energy and Healthy Aging
Carnitine is an amino acid that is synthesized in the liver and kidneys—and concentrated in the body’s most metabolically active organs: the brain, heart, and muscles. Its primary job is to transport fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they’re burned for energy.
Therefore, it’s not surprising that deficiencies in this amino acid are associated with fatigue, loss of muscle mass and increase in body fat, mental and physical slowdown, and frailty.
Italian researchers enrolled centenarians, who fatigued easily and had impaired strength and mobility, and gave them either 2 g of L-carnitine or placebo capsules daily. After six months, no significant changes were noted in the placebo group. Those who took L-carnitine, however, gained an average of 8.4 pounds of muscle mass and lost four pounds of fat. Mental and physical endurance improved, and they gained an average of four points on the 0–30 scale of the Mini-Mental State Examination, a common test of memory function.
It can enhance exercise endurance and capacity in all age groups by increasing muscle carnitine levels and improving energy metabolism, therefore L-carnitine is by no means a magic bullet.